Independence Day Fireworks event, which will be held on Friday, June 30th (rain date July 1). Thousands of Stamford and area residents are expected to attend.
The event will feature entertainment for residents throughout the evening, with the fireworks show.
WHEN: Friday, June 30th, 2017
WHERE: Cummings Park
TIME: 6:00 p.m. entertainment begins
9:00 p.m. fireworks begin (At or after 9 p.m. when it is adequately dark)
For more details check the City of Stamford website. Click here.
- No parking either side of Shippan Ave. from Wallace St. to the Magee Ave. intersection as of 3 P.M.
- No parking on the left side of Iroquois, Wampanaw & Rippowam Rd. as of 3 P.M.
- No parking on the south side of Myrtle Ave. from the intersection with Elm St. to #162 Myrtle as of 3 P.M.
- Boaters please be aware that from 3:00 p.m. on, directly off of Cummings Park’s beach, there will be a 1,000’ safety zone around the fireworks barge from Buoy #6 to 1,000’ from shore.
- Boaters please be aware that the West Beach boat ramp will be shut down at 6:30 p.m.
- At 8 P.M. the intersection of Shippan/Magee will be closed to southbound traffic. Resident only access at that time. At 8:30 P.M. Magee Ave. will be closed to traffic.
- At 9 P.M. ,Shippan Ave. from Wallace St. north will become one way northbound only (2 lanes). Magee Ave. will be one way northbound only (2 lanes).
After the Show
- Traffic exiting Shippan Point will be directed north onto Magee Ave. and west onto Jefferson (Urban Transitway) for access to Canal St., Atlantic St. Washington Blvd., I-95.
- Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Shippan Ave. will be directed north onto Shippan Ave to access Elm St., Myrtle Ave, I-95, E. Main St.
- Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Soundview Ave. will utilize Soundview Ave or Willowbrook Ave to Cove Rd.
- Foot traffic at Cummings Park will be released first, followed by vehicles.