Arts & Crafts on Bedford Exhibitor Information
June 12, August 7 and October 2
Only handmade products will be considered for exhibiting. Exhibitors are accepted based on the originality and quality of their workmanship, the appropriateness of their products for this market and on the availability of space within specific arts & crafts categories. Manufactured items and works made from kits of any kind are unacceptable. Dealers and middlemen are not allowed. Sale or exhibit of items or services not listed on the application form will not be allowed. Booths will be monitored throughout the show.
Application Deadline/Jury Process
Application Deadline: 30 days prior to each show. Applications will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis and the shows will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Your application constitutes an agreement to exhibit if accepted. The Jury’s decision is final and not subject to negotiation. Once a category is full, applications will continue to be juried and approved applications will be placed on a waiting list. Participation in a prior year’s show does not guarantee acceptance for the current year’s show..
Full payment of your space fee is due with this application. Checks may not be postdated. Space fee is refundable if application is denied by the jury. Vendor cancellation: other than a medical emergency, with written documentation from your physician, there is no refund.
Exhibitors must provide a white tent, suitable, attractive display, support, racks, stands and covered tables for work. All safety precautions must be taken in setting up the exhibits, spaces are on pavement therefore tents must be well anchored with weights. Spaces cannot be shared.
Connecticut State tax laws require all exhibitors to have and display a valid Connecticut State tax number. Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and paying sales tax (6.35% in Connecticut) for all sales made during the show. To obtain information and applications for a CT state tax number call the Connecticut Dept. of Revenue Services at 860-297-5962 or visit www.ct.gov/drs
Security is provided during the show and breakdown. Stamford Downtown assumes no responsibility for damage, theft or loss of exhibitor work, personal property or display. We urge all exhibitors to carry their own insurance.
Our advertising campaign includes, but is not limited to:
- Print advertisements in local and regional newspapers and magazines.
- Posters placed at all local businesses
- Multiple Email Blasts to over 8,000 qualified subscribers
- Radio advertising on Cox Radio with a reach of over 600,000 listeners
- Digital advertising on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Participation Rules & Regulations
- This event is held rain or shine. There are no refunds.
- Exhibitors MUST attend and be open all hours of the Arts & Crafts Show with artist present at booth. Breaking down booths early is a disruption to the event, as well as to neighboring exhibitors.
- There is no storage beyond the designated booth space. Please plan your layout accordingly.
- No smoking, loud sound systems or generators are allowed in booth areas.
- No electricity or water is available on show grounds.
- To protect all exhibitors, Stamford Downtown reserves the right to remove from the premises any exhibitors or items not in compliance with guidelines. The exhibitor forfeits any fees paid.
- Exhibitors agree to allow Stamford Downtown to use photographs of their work in promotions.
- Exhibitors must comply with all staff and security regarding site safety and regulations. Vehicles must be parked only in designated areas. Noncompliance will result in elimination from consideration for future shows. Abusive or disrespectful behavior toward patrons, staff, volunteers or fellow exhibitors will result in disqualification from future Arts & Crafts on Bedford shows.
- Stamford Downtown reserves the right to make a determination on any of the above rules. The procedures and rules outlined in this application are subject to change without notice.
10×10: $180 ($175 if paying with check or money order)
20×10: $310 ($300 if paying with check or money order)
Kate Cook, Events and Marketing Manager
**If you’ve already applied but need to submit payment click here >>>